Friday, September 16, 2011

Update on our new life.

   Okay time for an update.
   It’s been two weeks since my little brother moved in with me and I am very happy to say that it seems like all the kids are adjusting fine. Sure they have their moments but kids always do. We sat them down the other day when everybody’s frustration level was at its highest and had a family meeting. During the meeting both Dustin and Cassandra were able to speak their minds. They were happy to finally be able to express their feelings and opinion’s. It’s an adjustment, but one that I think is going very well all things considered. Cody was also able to speak his mind and express to us what he was use to so now I am trying to incorporate that into our daily routines. After the meeting each of the kids came up to my husband and myself and said thank you. They really needed to get a couple things off their chest and we worked out a few issues we were having.
   In school Dustin has begun playing the baritone in the grade 5 band, Cassandra is happy that she will finally be able to join the school choir, and Cody, well I am amazed at just how well he seems to be doing. He is waking up in time for school, getting his homework done and then he enjoys playing with the kids.
   Like I said it is a big adjustment and to be honest I don’t think I knew what I was getting myself into but now things are starting to slow down and life is returning to its new normal I am happy to say I am pretty sure that this move was great for all involved. I still struggle with not enough time in the day, but I am getting better. Besides I think time is something I will always struggle with.
   Now that the school year is on its way I am sure there will be more difficult times ahead of us but also a bunch of fun times. I can’t wait to see what the future holds.

No comments: