Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Family

   Family is supposed to be everything. It's where you came from and who looks after you when your little, or in my case lack of being cared for.
   In my opinion I think that family is what you make of it. I don't believe people are my family because we share the same blood, people who are family stand with you no matter what. They don't call you a liar or try to ruin your life.
   If you were lucky enough to have grown up in a house with parents who care about you and stand up for you when you can't than good for you.
   I make my own family, I have an amazing husband, 2 great kids and a 15 yr old brother. 
   My parents aren't around because I don't need nor want that kind of poison in my life, and the same goes for my extended "family" cousin's aunts, uncles all of them, none of them have ever been there for me.
   So in my opinion I honestly believe family is what you make of it, blood does not matter. It's their character that matter's and blood related or not I like choosing who is in my family, because when I choose who I let into my life I am not as easily going to be let down like I was growing up.
   My advice to anyone who reads this is don't fight with your "family", and don't feel you need them just because you share the same blood. Family is what you make of it, not what you were born into.
   CHEER'S TO MY FAMILY, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
   I say make the best out of what you have, don't fight and argue with people who don't understand or care about you just because you share the same blood, go out and find your own family. I promise it makes this world a whole lot easier to deal with.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog and a great start to what I think will be many blogs on the greatness of family. I do not need to quote Don Corleon here as that will be trite, and furthermore you say it better. Your insight is good.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind words, Dennis..