Thursday, September 15, 2011

BULLYING IN SCHOOL'S

   What happened to zero tolerance in Canadian schools for no bullying?
   That is what I would really like to know. Last week a very close friend of mine’s daughter had her lunch spit in. For the past three years this little girl has been bullied and teased by the girls in her class. Over the past few years I can’t count the amount of times this friend of mine has gone into the school to try and resolve this problem but to no avail. So when her daughter came home crying because someone spit in her food and the girls keep calling her names, and the poor girl is stuck sitting beside these same girls in class, into the school my friend went again.
     Hoping to fix the problem this friend of mine decided that she would just go and directly speak to the teacher, explain things to the teacher so that at least her little girl didn’t have to sit beside her tormentor’s.
   Walking into the front of the building this friend of mine was stopped by the principal.
   “Don’t worry that problem I discussed with you about your daughter has been fixed” He said angrily.
   “How can the problem be fixed? She is still sitting beside the girls that pick on her and when you brought the girls into the office to talk to them about spitting in her food the girls denied it and you also yelled at my daughter at the same time. You fixed it alright.” My friend said “My little girl came home crying because she was yelled at by you and the two girls blamed her for everything.”
   The principal’s response was to get right up in my friends face point a finger at her and yell. “I told you I would look after things.”
   “Then please tell me why my little girl is still sitting beside the bully’s and can you please explain to me why you yelled at my daughter? And doesn’t spitting in someone’s food an automatic suspension? My friend asked.
   “I told you I would look after it. You are really pissing me off now.” This wonderful elementary principal yelled at her again his face two inches from hers and pointing his finger again.
   “I want my daughter moved away from those girls by the end of the day.” My friend yelled back furious by how she was being treated.
   When her daughter came home my friend found out that not only was she not moved away from the girls but both of her children were followed around the school by the principal who spend the day looking down at them and making them feel uncomfortable.
   Now this friend of mine needs to figure out how to not only deal with this principal for the next three years but also needs to speak directly to her daughter’s teacher.
   Again I ask what happened to zero tolerance.
   In my opinion I think this principal needs to be fired for not only allowing bullying to continue in his school, but also for the way he, himself is trying to bully the parents and children himself.
   What is happening to the world?

No comments: