Friday, July 22, 2011

Caper

                                                            Caper

                            Together, we were hardly ever apart,
                                 I relied on you and you on me.
                You helped me, and I loved you from the very start.
               Together we stayed, you cried as I held you through
                                          The rolling thunder                                               
                  I watched you grow, played with you and fed you.
                                       You were good as gold,
                                      But sadly you had to go.
                 I knew something was wrong, you weren’t being you,
                         Instead of staying here to Toronto I flew.
                              Now every day I live with the fact
                                            That I was away.
                                   Caper you were a great dog,
                                      Silly, fun, and full of play.
                        Caper ALWAYS in my heart you will remain.

No comments: