Saturday, June 30, 2012

Courage

 
This is a poem I found when I was 13 years old. It has stayed with me since than.

                                                Believe in yourself,
                                                and in your dreams,
                               no matter how imposable things may seem.
                                               some how some way,
                                               You'll get to your goal.

                                                   Mountains fall,
                                                  and seas divide,
                                                  before the one
                                                 who is his stride,
                                            takes a hard road by and by.

                                               Believe in yourself,
                                                 and in your plan.
                                                Say not I cannot,
                                                      but I can.

                                                 The prizes of life,
                                                    we fail to win,
                                   because we fight the powers within.


   Over the past two weeks I have been over run with horrible e mails and phone calls. Extended family member's of mine have called the police, harassed my friends on face book, call any time they choose day or night. In all of this not only is it hateful, disturbing, and filled with lies, but I have also received death threats. Because all this has happened over the internet and from people out of the province the police say there is nothing they can do..
   I continue to keep writing my autobiography and keep up with this blog is because I want those people out there who are trying to destroy me to know that I will not stop, and they can't make me. Words are just words.
   I am continuing with this, not to "fuel to the fire" but so that I can prove to myself and children that there are always going to be people who try to take you down, but as long as you have your family beside you, you can handle everything.

No comments: